Sunday, February 22, 2009

Latest happenings around here.....

Still no real work....which is really crampin' my style. We haven't heard any "official" news from production at all...but the Dominion Post here seems to think that the film will not continue. which is a real shame. seriously. We have built and painted these gorgeous sets and props, which no one will see...

i don't want to talk about it.

ANYWAY, here a few pictures from the weekend. The Cuba St. Carnival was saturday and Manuel and i walked around a bit....interesting sights but a little too crowded and chaotic for my taste.


these flags were cool though!


And so was this giant puppet person. though i'm not sure why he's a skeleton.


And these girls were dancing with drinks on their heads and didn't spill a single drop!


and THIS is the most glorious thing i've ever seen!! I wanted to take it home and name it sasha and ride it everyday....


Also, on the weekend, I finally got around to cleaning up our spare room. Now i have a nice clean tabletop to be creative on! and floor space to do a cartwheel, if i so choose.....

Homemade pizza....

And let me just take a moment to show you how cool this pizza base and sauce are. First of all, totally cool packaging: pink with a crown. (tara...do you have a pizza company in new zealand you haven't told me about?...) Second of all, the wrapper says "proudly supporting NZ poets", and includes a little poem printed on a card in each package! which makes me think i should eat pizza more often...
more updates to come. i still have my trip to brisbane to post about, and that time i met a kangaroo!

2 comments:

Flo said...

name it sasha

Notice to myself: - tell Manuel to take away Nicole's "Scrubs Collection"...

Leslie Bebout said...

What?? Movie production has stopped! I am waaaay behind! Any changes since that post!!

Love the spare room!

I now need to go back and read and look at pictures again...got off track with the news of "no movie."
:(