Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hong Kong

So back in July when Manuel and I went to Germany, my flight had a short stopover Hong Kong. (yes, I flied by myself....Manuel and I have a bad habit of booking flights that are not actually together...). Anyway, on my way to Germany, I had a full day in Hong Kong by myself to explore... I made a sight-seeing list but didn't actually get very far on it because it was hot as blazes there and I got a little lost a lot....but I was going to be in HK again on my way home from Germany so I just went with the flow (promising myself to do better at planning for the next go-round..and get a map!)

Here is part one of my adventure!

I think I took this picture from the train... on my way from the airport onto Hong Kong island.

This is Pottinger Street, a really cool stone step street with market vendors lining it.





Billboard overload!

These hot pink fruit things look pretty cool...

This was a very very ornate temple up about a thousand steps...

This was my last visit on my day in Hong Kong, before taking my blistered feet back to the airport to catch my flight to Munich. Hong Kong airport was actually pretty fantastic. I paid something like NZ$15 to take a shower and brush my teeth in what was essentially a private fancy hotel bathroom...no bedroom...just a bathroom with all the amenities. It felt so great to get on my flight clean! I also had some extra time to pass after the shower and decided to treat my tired feet to a pedicure :) Sometimes it's not so bad traveling alone hehe....

No comments: