Wednesday, August 26, 2009

New deck furniture!!

Spring is starting to slowly show it's face here in Wellington and Manuel and I are starting to prepare our deck for summer! We're in the market right now for a BBQ grill and an outdoor table and chairs. Hopefully we'll be able to find some good deals in the Father's Day sales coming up (Father's Day is in September over here....which would explain why I couldn't find any cards for Daddy back in June...). I also just bought a set of 4 cane chairs on Trademe (like Craig's list) and they arrived this morning! I have big plans for recovering the cushions and then spending every single evening sitting on our deck :)


Here is another possible arrangement...
AND I got this totally cool tea trolley!! EEEEE!!! For goodness sakes, SOMEONE come visit us so I can host you on our deck...please. please.

My inspiration for buying these bamboo chairs came from the Design*Sponge post of a "before and after" bamboo sofa. I'll see what I can cook up for my new set, and post the "after" pictures when I'm all done!

And here is a shot from a couple of weekends ago when Steve and Wendy came by for a German lunch! Manuel made Schweinebraten :) He is also wearing the very appropriate "kiss me I'm German" shirt. Also featured in this picture are the fantastic place mats that Tara gave me with prints of New Zealand native birds. I love them.

No comments: