Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Germany Vist '09 (part 1)

After being away for a little over a year, Manuel and I made our journey back to Bavaria to visit much-missed family and friends! We were totally booked out the entire time (well, Manuel was at least...I went along for the ride most of the time).... It was so so wonderful to be back in Germany (and I am happy to report that I did not forget all my german!) Our time went by way too quickly! Here are some highlights:

Climbing with the boys. I did not actually climb while we were there...but I was a great watcher. :)

(That's Manuel on the rock)

Lunch with our lovely Ines :) Ines and I ended up being regulars at this Cafe in Schwabing near her flat...so much so that when we walked down the street, the waiters recognized us!

Hanging out in the cemetery...no seriously. Well, it's also a park. We went for a little picnic.
Meeting Dana and Jochen for pizza. GIANT pizzas. They. were. delicious.

Beautiful window boxes in Marienplatz...

Ines and I at my all time favorite: Padu Pizza in Passau. I could write sonnets about this place!

Beach volley ball!
At Mike's Confirmation (the whole reason we came to Germany in the first place...)

Lunch in Hohenau after the Confirmation

Fish lunch in the hut with Ines and her parents. De-Lish

Part 2 will be coming soon!!!

1 comment:

Manu Schmidt said...

AAhWW! I am so jealous! Especially the big pizzas with Dana and Jochen and sitting in the sun at Cafe Schwabing buhuhu....